Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The title of my Blog


Hello all!! SO I have decided that I have a lot to say, like many NYC public school teachers and for the most part I feel like it's more ranting than anything else, so I figured that maybe I should enter the world of blogging.
Number one, the title of my blog is a dedication to my beloved father. He was a wonderful, beautiful, spirit filled man who loved his family and showed his love in very interesting ways. One of the many ways that he would show his appreciation, particularly to his children was that he would make up names for us (other than our given names of course). So when he looked at me on the fateful day; with my hair jet black and pointed little nose, bangs over my eyes and inquisitive nature, he decided that he would name me Lulu after the cartoon character from the 1930's... At first I had an incredible aversion to this name, as it was something that I had never heard before, it was weird and felt like it was invading my personality. But after a while it was something that grew on me and now, after he has passed, it is something that I embrace as a memory that I want to live through over and over...

I am hoping to share inspirational thoughts and ideas on this blog, and I am hoping to reach people that may feel the way I feel or think the way I think but can't quite put it into words...

Take care
peace love and God Bless <3

xoxo
Lulu ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment